Dream Recall

by kuriouskaren

Image

Sometimes I have trouble remembering my dreams. I do remember most dreams I have (80-90%), but I fully remember in detail about 60% of my dreams. The other 40% I just remember a specific scene that stood out and can’t connect other parts of it to make a coherent story.

I’ll work on this some more.

(Dream Moods) Why should you remember your dreams?

  1. Your dreaming mind has access to vital information that is not readily available to you when you are awake. Your dreams serve as a window to your subconscious and reveal your secret desires and feelings.
  2. In remembering your dreams, you gain increased knowledge, self-awareness and self-healing.  Dreams are an extension of how you perceive yourself. They may be a source of inspiration, wisdom, joy, imagination, and overall improved psychological health.
  3. Learning to recall your dreams helps you become assertive, confident, and strong.  By remembering your dreams, you are expressing and confronting your feelings.
  4. Dreams help guide you through difficult decisions, relationship issues, health concerns, career questions or any life struggle you may be experiencing.
  5. Remembering your dreams helps you come to terms with stressful aspects of your life.
  6. You will learn more about yourself, your aspirations, and your desires through your dreams.

From Yoga Journal, September 2013 issue – “On Meditation”

“…Most of us hold buried emotions. We might not be aware of them, but they can affect our mood and our relationships without ever knowing it. When we meditate, those layers of emotions are brought up so they can be seen and let go of. So there will often be periods, especially in the early days of practice, when emotions keep bubbling up from inside. ...One of the great practices for working with emotions is to embrace an emotion by making space for it.” (61)

Advertisements